The second in-person exchange activity of our 2021/2022 TECE Fellows will take place in the US between 14. and 24. November, 2021.
The project Transatlantic Exchange of Civic Educators (TECE) will bring together U.S. and German professionals in the field of außerschulische politische Jugendbildung, civic learning and civic engagement, with the goal of reintroducing a transatlantic dimension to the field, unlocking opportunities for deeper dialogue and mutual learning through an investigation of common challenges and respective approaches, and identifying promising new concepts. Fellows will engage in online programming and in-person exchanges over the course of seven months, to include peer-learning seminars, exchange with subject matter experts and practitioners, site visits and exploration of best practices and thematic interest small-group work. This project is being conducted in cooperation with our U.S. partner, the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Foster people-to-people transatlantic exchange in the field of civic learning to get to know respective structures and relevant actors
- Evaluate the current state of civic learning and existing approaches, as well as current societal trends and challenges, using an international comparative approach
- Share best practice models and initiatives to spark innovation and a transfer of learning to sending organizations
- Increase recognition of the important role non-school actors play in developing civic and political competences of young people
- Build a pool of multipliers and offer the opportunity for partnership-building for future projects
This exchange program takes place in English.